December 1, 2010

jane eyre weather

The sky has been steel gray ever since I got back to Massachusetts. I managed to get in a walk on Monday, but yesterday & today have been lost to the damp. I sort of don't mind exactly, because the holiday weekend was so chock full of people & activities. In the last week I saw Harry Potter 7.1 (twice!), ate Thanksgiving dinner (thrice), & spent quality time with buddies ages 1 week-old to 65 years-old. So for now I'm enjoying sitting in my armchair reading Leaves of Grass for class on Thursday & drinking kettles-full of tea.

Here are some more things to cheer up this dreary day.

My little cousin's monster slippers.



Thoughts of summer (can't remember the source for this one, but I know it was taken at Stella McCartney's house).




My fireplace.




The fireplace doesn't exactly look like that anymore because I've dressed it up for Christmas with multi-colored lights & a pine tree-scented candle, but you get the gist--light in the darkness, etc., etc. Stay warm, tout le monde.

No comments:

Post a Comment