November 5, 2011

weekend update

1. It's pleasantly chilly outside & I'm on my third cup of tea.
2. Ahead of schedule work-wise--did my lesson planning yesterday, edited an article this morning, still have to read a whole book by Tuesday night, buuuuut, all in all, in pretty good shape.
3. Week ended on a high note with work being cancelled & a surprise day with Henry, whose school still had no power. We walked around town, checked out all the used book stores, took ourselves to brunch at Sylvester's & then rollerbladed (him, not me).
4. Last night was a carpool to my friend's poetry reading complete with four people & a golden retriever named Ginger. It was singing at the tops of our lungs & rolling down the windows despite the cold & holding onto Ginger's softsoftsoft ear the entire ride. Felt like I haven't had a car ride like that since, oh, 2002.
5. Dental insurance card came in the mail!!! I'm gonna get my teeth cleaned for the first time in eighteen-ish months! They're gonna be so sparkly & fresh! Oh man, I'm so happy to have dental insurance again.
6. Last night I slept like dead people. Ten hours. Feels like an accomplishment.
7. At three o'clock my friend Sean is coming over to watch Crazy Stupid Love & ogle Ryan Gosling's abs with me. We're gonna have tea & Oreos & ogle till the cows come home.
8. Tonight will be spent watching the LSU - Alabama game at a friend's place. I have no stake in the game, so I'll mostly be drinking beer & eating food & holding down my piece of the floor.
9. Tomorrow will be spent with Henry & Emily. If we all do our homework & practice our violins & fold our laundry, I might take them to CiderDays (!).
10. Don't forget to turn your clocks back, babydolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment