September 29, 2010

hello?

I guess I should start by saying hello & thanks for coming, like we're at a reading or something. Except if I were about to read in public I would be hyperventilating right now, instead of sitting comfortably in my pajamas with a cup of tea on my desk. But anyway.

Hello. Thanks for coming.

I'm not sure yet what shape this little blog will take, but all the reading & writing I have for school is making me feel robotic. This will be my place to gush about pretty things & get back in touch with my non-academic side.

[Insert transition sentence here like a good little writing student.] For example, lipstick! Thanks to my buddy who is a beauty editor at a magazine, I have a lovely collection of lipsticks. My favorite is a hot pink YSL that I like to wear when I'm...cleaning my room. I've been too shy to wear it in public, especially to work. I could just picture the encounter with my boss.

Me: Good morning.
Him: Good mor--whoa! What did you have for breakfast?

So I was stoked to see hot pink lips at Jil Sander. So much color! Anna Wintour must be pleased, too.


Off to get the day started. Have a good one, all!

Photo: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment