September 30, 2010

mad, mad, mad, mad world


Ick, what a dreary, rainy day. I bet Charlotte would know a thing or two about this kind of weather. Considering my to-do list, though, it's for the best.

Just took a break from Hawthorne's short stories to eat some lunch & rewatch last Sunday's episode of Mad Men. For being a show that's so cerebral it certainly keeps me on the edge of my chair. All season long I've felt like Don's days are numbered. In the first few weeks I was pretty convinced that the show would have to end with his death. He was just digging his own grave so fast, it seemed like the only logical conclusion. (And we know how unmerciful those MM writers are, right dear reader?) But for a while now Don's been back on the straight & narrow & I was like, Oh thank heavens, let's at least have a season five. Then bam! his past catches back up to him & I'm having a panic attack right alongside him. Dang G-men.

Did you notice that Dr. Fay was the only person who didn't react to Don's confession by asking what his real name was? That made me like her far more than I have been. And the hero(ine) of the episode? Betty! Who'd a thunk it! She is utterly my least favorite character and I pretty well hate her skinny guts, but she did the first decent thing she's done all season by lying to the FBI. Right on, sister. Right on.

Photo: RollingStone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment