July 31, 2011

while the gettin's good


Hey, friends.

Can you believe it's the last day of July? Much as I'm looking forward to fall (reading about the Jets' training camp, thinking longingly of my boots, itching to bake again), I'm starting to feel a little panicky that the summer is zipping by.

I've resolved to take on Andrea's idea of a Summer List, above. (Check out on her blog, their summer adventures are really sweet.)

~ Things to Do This Summer ~

1. Swim in the river & finally go off the rope swing.
2. Walk around in the blue hour, like Brian did in his awesome post.
3. Roast summer squash & red pepper & tomatoes & eggplant while the gettin's good.
4. Watch The Sandlot with Henry.
5. Meet my dad & sister in upstate NY for some creek-walking & ice cream-eating.
6. Meet my friends in NYC for icy drinks at a sidewalk table, preferably in view of either the Flatiron Building, or the Hudson River.
7. Max out my library card.
8. Get up early & drive to the Bookmill & drink pink ginger iced tea all morning.
9. Go to yoga at Mama Nirvana's as much as possible.
10. See the Atlantic Ocean.
11. Paint my nails bright.
12. Walk down to Childs Park on a clear night & look at the stars.
13. Take pictures, so that when everything is under snow I have proof that it was once sunny & hot.

And right now, I'm going to eat pancakes. Have good Sundays, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment