July 14, 2011

you guys

Today is so nice I can hardly believe it. A warm, but not humid, 80 degrees. Breezy. Cloudless blue sky. On days like this I always think, "I hope lots of people are getting married today."

But it's Thursday, so probably they aren't. Oh well.

My desk faces the middle window of a three-part bay window. I have all three blinds open, & the breeze is blowing through, & it's almost better than the view from my last desk, which looked out onto a gigantic clock tower.

Yesterday's view takes the cake, though. I spent the morning at the Bookmill, which used to be a gristmill way back in 1842, but is now a used bookstore/café. It looks like this:



You sit in the café at the big windows up top & it feels like you're sitting right over the river. You kind of are, I guess.



Around eleven they opened all the windows & the sound of rushing water swallowed up all the noise of silverware & plates & chatter. It's pretty much probably my favorite place in utterly all of Massachusetts.

Come visit me & I'll take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment