August 7, 2011

well well well

I am making good on my summer list, let me tell you.

4. Watch The Sandlot with Henry. CHECK.

Last week Hen broke a tooth & had to have it pulled, so that night we got take-out, put on the movie, & stuffed our faces like Ham (with soft foods, don't worry). Henry loved it just as much as I thought he would. When Squints kissed the lifeguard, he said, "OHMYGOD!"

5. Meet my dad [& sister] in upstate NY... semi-CHECK.

Sister had to work, so it felt kind of weird to be there without her. But Dad & I met up, ate lunch at the town deli, drove the Roaring Kill Road & saw HP & the DH II. (And we both cried.)

And the cherry on this week's sundae was a visit from my old NYC roommates, who wandered around my apartment exclaiming, "Your kitchen! It's so big! These closets! They're so big! Your room! It's so big!" I brought them to the Bookmill yesterday, & today we swam in the pool.

This is starting to sound like a "What I Did Over My Summer Vacashun" essay. I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment