You guys. It's almost here. I had my last class last night, my last class to teach is Friday, and all I have to do is give a final next week and I am home freeeeeee! It's so close I can TASTE IT. SWEET FREEDOM.
Sorry, I've had a lot of coffee. Here's a cute illustration of what's probably going on in a lot of English grad students' heads right now:

Thumbs up for the illustrations, but I take some issue with the content. Too many beards on there. Lemony Snicket is listed, but where's flipping EMILY DICKINSON or CHARLOTTE BRONTE or ELIZABETH BISHOP? I ask you.
Speaking of, Emily's 181st birthday is this Saturday & the museum at her house is going all out. One of my classmates is dressing up as Emily. Her job is to stare wistfully out the window for several hours. (I'm not kidding you one bit.)
Emily Dickinson would be a good name for a dog.
Happy Hump Day, all. Go have some coffee to fight these winter blues.
No comments:
Post a Comment