
The title makes it sound like I just got here, but actually I got in Saturday night. It was an uneventful drive, just me & my Christmas playlist, my backseat filled with suitcases & gifts to be wrapped & my peace lily that will die if I leave it alone in Massachusetts. The past three days have been a nice blend of seeing people, shopping, decorating, & eating. I have lots of work ahead of me over the break, but for now I'm pretending that I'm on vacation. No work allowed.
The slightly strange thing is that this is the first year that I'm really missing things about my apartment in the way that I usually miss things about my parents' house--my bed, the stellar water pressure in the shower, the stash of snacks in the fridge. It's weird to feel less at home in your childhood house in than you do in an apartment you share with a virtual stranger, but I guess that's necessary, right? Isn't that what they call growing up? (I really don't know. I've avoided it most of my life.)
Five more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment