January 9, 2012

two thousand twelve

I'm still not over the weirdness that comes with having to pause & think before you write the year. This is the first year (since I was a kid?) that I haven't made a resolution. I'm not taking a stand against resolving or anything, there are just too many things I intend to do & I guess I'm rubbishy at prioritizing.

Take this coming weekend, for example. My buddies from high school are coming to visit. My TO DO list looks like this:

-unpack
-clean bathroom
-clean bedroom
-laundry
-change sheets
-wine
-appetizers
-cake

Typical guest-y stuff. But then today, after grocery shopping, I decided to make a mix for when we're hanging out, & then I decided to make mixes as gifts, & then I began to make a list of the things we could possibly do this weekend, so when we're sitting around going, "What should we dooooo?" I can simply refer to the list.

Needless to say, no cleaning got done. But I did make one hell of a mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment