January 27, 2012

what the what


You should know: this was the first week of classes. None of the following should be construed as complaining. I am merely making observations.

I went to bed before 10 o'clock three out of four nights this week.

I succeeded in setting off a fire alarm while leaving my classroom on my first day of teaching.

I've read one & a half novels since Sunday. I have to read two & a half more before Tuesday. Odds are not in my favor.

Thursdays are my blessing. I have Thursdays "off." Yesterday I spent the day with Ginger, my friend's superlative golden retriever. We went for a long walk by the river & then came back & napped on the couch for a little while.

Fridays are also kind of nice. All I have to do is teach two classes in the morning & then it's the weekend. Today I started my weekend by coming home, eating lunch at 11:30, & falling asleep on the couch while watching Mulan.

Sometimes I feel like the grad school version of Liz Lemon. Blarg.

But! Tomorrow my old pal Cara is visiting me & we're gonna sit around & laugh like Amy & Tina up there. And also, you know, go out to the bar & stuff. Have good weekends, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment