February 12, 2012

hello?

Oh, you guys. It's been a weird week.

On Wednesday I lost my voice & I haven't been able to find it since.

I had to cancel two classes & two meetings. I had to skip my weekly date with Ginger the wonder retriever. And the weirdest part of it all is that other than a cough, I feel fine! No fever. No congestion. I should be grateful for that, I suppose.

It's pretty lonely not being able to talk, though. I like my phone dates & my roommate smalltalk & my Saturday night shouting bar discussions. It's amazing how much of your personality you suppress when you don't speak. It's bizarre. I don't feel like myself.

And of course I've been drinking tea & honey like it's my job, & going to sleep early & taking hot showers, but my voice still hasn't turned up.

As my friend Bryan said, "I told you hanging around Ursula would bring nothing but trouble."

It's true. So much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment