August 10, 2012
milestone
This weekend I am home in NJ for the bachelorette party of one of my oldest friends. Sometimes I have to remind myself that we are old enough to do this--to be bachelorettes & wear diamond rings & get married--& that this weekend will not be spent sharing bottles of Frutopia mixed with vodka & talking about the bitchy girls on our lacrosse team.
(I'm fairly one hundred percent certain that Samuel Beckett is not drinking Frutopia & vodka up there, but he was so avant-garde, you really never know.)
I've rounded up pictures of my pals & me from high school with round baby faces & white shimmery eyeliner & puka shell necklaces. How is it possible that that can feel so long ago & so recent at the exact same time?
In the meantime, here is a beautiful spread of photos from Brian Ferry. I hope you have a good summer weekend, too.
Photo of Beckett is mine, which I took of a 1960s issue of Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment