This past weekend one of my oldest friends got married in New York City & her wedding was like a high school reunion in the best of all possible ways. People continually tell me how unusual it is that I'm still so close with my high school friends, which is meant as a compliment, but to me it's like, Duh, why wouldn't I be? They are outstanding people.
We stayed in the Hilton across from the World Trade Center, & ate (a very late) brunch at Brasserie Les Halles, & wandered around the Financial District drinking coffee, & sat in the park by City Hall nursing sore feet from hours of dancing the night before.
I came back to Massachusetts with a cold, which has kept me out of commission much of this week, but it was so worth it. This cold was earned--with staying up too late & wearing impractical shoes & drinking drinks with cherries in 'em & seeing/hugging as many people as I could all weekend.
And so now I'm propped up against pillows on my couch, drinking echinacea tea, contemplating watching a movie. It's between Practical Magic & Hot Tub Time Machine. Being sick is a green card for indulging guilty pleasures.
No comments:
Post a Comment