November 3, 2012



All week long I've been thinking of nothing but New Jersey & NYC. Living without a TV as I do, it's pretty easy to avoid the visuals of what's happened. Hearing that Manhattan is dark from midtown south is very different than seeing photos of the blacked-out skyline. Hearing that the Jersey Shore took the brunt of the storm is very different than seeing the splintered houses & sand-covered streets. Very, very different.

Nothing like this has ever happened to NY/NJ in my lifetime, at least not on this scale. I'm lucky, because my family & friends are all okay, & their homes (for the most part) are okay as well. We are all lucky, because even though things will be different from here on out, there is still a here on out to be had.

Photo NY Harbor is mine, taken six weeks ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment