October 14, 2010

here are some things

1. I went home this weekend for several things, including my sister's birthday & my friend's bridal shower, both milestones I feel slightly weird about. The weirdness was helped by things like tea & scones, & my best pal D. falling down the stairs and almost splatting her face into the cake. I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time.

2. The Jets won!

3. The National Book Award finalists are finally out. Happy to see Nicole Krauss on the list, & an absence of a certain spectacled writer...

4. I still haven't watched this week's episode of Mad Men, which is pretty well a record for me. I'm still slightly disappointed in the writers; Don sleeping with Megan was totally predictable, not to mention well-worn territory. Makes me uninterested to see what the fallout will be, because you know it won't be good, & the thing I love most about the MM writers is that they are merciless & calculating. I just don't care about what they're calculating for Megan.

5. Bah humbug.

6. Speaking of well-worn territory, I'm finding out that aging is no fun. Yesterday I bought myself a grind guard at CVS for the equivalent of a week's worth of groceries. And then I forgot it in my car & didn't remember until I was snuggly tucked into bed. Memory must be going too. New low.

7. And on a more positive note, I can't stop listening to "Boy" by Ra Ra Riot. Especially good if you can drive with it playing at top volume. Gold star.

No comments:

Post a Comment