October 22, 2010

kick-start

Had a crazy dream that I worked at Target with Tina Fey & we had jumbo chocolate bar-eating contests. Not surprisingly, I feel a little slow & less than well-rested this morning.

I've been working on a story that is slightly kicking my butt, so I've been drinking lots of tea & taking long walks to clear my head. Usually those two things help tremendously ever so much, but this week they aren't having their usual effect. I still felt utterly unproductive, & in lieu of some ironing or dishwashing (which are also good kick-starters, I find), I started drawing again.

I haven't really drawn since college. It feels good to get things on paper without necessarily having to think about language, or worry about things like clarity & subtlety. If I can figure out how to use my scanner I'll give you a peek.

Have good days, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment