October 26, 2010

a new 'do

Good morning, chickadees. Do you like Charlotte's new 'do?

Yesterday I spent the better part of my afternoon & evening babysitting (listening to two thirteen year-old girls update their Facebook profiles, examining a Silly Bandz collection, covering my ears during trumpet practice), & when I got home I simply could not look at a book, or my computer, or anything with words. So I got out my sketchbook.

Voila, a new header. You may recognize Zooey & Rivers & Zach. They were a few of my hair models.

And then after that my shoulder was all cramped from drawing on my lap (not my brightest idea), so I flopped into bed & watched some of the third season of The Tudors. I've only just started it, so it's not fair for me to say that it isn't as good as the second season, but even slightly less good is great. Man, when they get the atmosphere & tension right, it's terrifying.

Time to start my day. Reading & writing & mailing Halloween cards, oh my. Have a lovely Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment