-graduate school
-my cheeky blue car
-the Jets Thanksgiving game AND the Taylor Swift holiday special on TV tonight
-my parents, even though between them they only have one working pair of ears
-my sister, even though she likes to throw her weight around, literally
-my friends & how they never fail to make me laugh like a banshee
-Tilly the chocolate lab puppy
-Barry Obombz in the White House
-health insurance
-good health
-having all my own teeth
-feeling like I'm finally "on the right path" or "working towards my dream" or "making it happen" in some such way
-feeling optimistic about my future/love life/life in general
-knowing that next year will bring friends' weddings & happiness & reasons to get dressed up & then get sloppy
-having my own Christmas tree for the first time in my life
-holidays & coming home
-last night: eating strawberry shortcake on D.'s couch with three people I've been friends with since 1998; driving around extremely late at night when the entire town is streetlit and empty; standing around in Joe's garage with a fire in the wood stove and boys I haven't seen in years smoking cigarettes, and laughing and laughing and laughing; I didn't even mind the smoke
-and you, dear reader; Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment