November 1, 2010

rabbit, rabbit

Happy first of November, dudes. It is officially okay for me to start getting stupid excited about the holidays. This is the first time ever that I have an apartment big enough to get my own real Christmas tree & I fully intend to.

Last night I got to stand around a campfire in my Tigerlily feathers & my Indian blood felt right at home. We were way out in the country somewheres, & as Huck says, "The sky looks ever so deep when you lay down on your back in the moonshine." For the second time since I've lived here, I happened to glance up & there was a shooting star streaking across the entire blueblack sky.

It's times like those when I think I am more of a country mouse. But then I find something like this & I'm positively homesick for New York. It can be pretty beautiful when you aren't looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment