-sick with a cold
-A Single Man from Netflix, when all I really wanted to watch was The Tudors
-missed TWO parties because of head congestion
-got nearly zero work done because of post-nasal drip
but then
+thought to myself, I should really try to find another babysitting job. And then the next morning there was an email in my inbox saying, Would you like to babysit on occasion? And so I went out to meet the family on Wednesday. They live way out half an hour away into the farms and mountains north of me. There are four very sweet kids under the age of ten (which is fun!), they live in a big gorgeous utterly lovely home with two fireplaces and a practically meadowish yard. AND. AND. They have a six month-old chocolate lab puppy name Tilly (short for Matilda).
+Tilly!!!
+I am babysitting for them tonight, in approximately one hour.
+I went to Harriet Beecher Stowe's house & Mark Twain's house, but that is another story for another time.
+Tomorrow is a Thanksgiving party & I made the Winning-Hearts-&-Minds Cake from Orangette, which is my favorite.
Happy Friday, all.
No comments:
Post a Comment