Now I can tell you that this morning the HEAT woke me up when it clicked on at 6:30 & the pipes rattled & clanged all around my room.
Massachusetts, what are you doing to me? I bought sunscreen last weekend!
On Saturday I was literally chased by a swarm of mosquitoes--literally, I even ran--& now I have the remains of eight bites lining the backs of my legs. I look like I was hit with BB gun buckshot. And just when I chalked it up to the start of summer, for the past three mornings I've been wearing sweats & thick socks while I shiver on the couch & wait for the kettle to boil.
On the bright side, this kind of weather keeps me from taking hour-long walks & sitting too long on the front steps with my legs in the sun. So I suppose I'm getting more work done. Which is good...
I dunno. I'm still a fan of Leslie Knope's motto:
"We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter. But work is third."
No comments:
Post a Comment