I've been watching quite a bit of Ally McBeal on Netflix instant. I realized the other day that last summer was the summer I rewatched Dawson's Creek, my favorite TV show in 7th & 8th grade. This is turning out to be the summer I rewatch my favorite TV show from 9th & 10th grade. (Not sure yet how to work in Felicity. I'll get back to you on that.)
I really wish I could get my hair to look like this, including the color. The number of visible white hairs on my head has reached a not-okay level.

Also, I'm rereading Eat, Pray, Love, which slightly makes me hate myself. But it's so good!
I freaked the f. out when I saw this photo:
How badly do I want to be in that room with those beautiful, intelligent people? So badly that I actually gasped when I saw it on the news.
2. Some Things I Intended to Tell You All Along
I just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad & even though I'd read a lot about how it was "genre-bending" & a "rock-n-roll novel," I thought it was completely different from both those things. Which is to say, I loved it.
Yesterday I went to see Lauren Groff give a reading at her Amherst College reunion (totally felt like that time Joe & I crashed a Dave Eggers reading at Princeton for "students only"--pffff). She is simply the most genuine, kind, delightful person. It gives me hope that not all authors are jerks.
All I want to do is eat chicken salad & peaches for dinner every night. I am on a two-night streak.
What do you think they're talking about up there on that priceless Persian carpet? The weather? Probably.

No comments:
Post a Comment