May 10, 2012

scheming

Yesterday was my last final to give, my last workshop to take, & my last full day on campus for a good long while. Even though I still have grading out the wazoo, I think it's safe to say that today is officially the first day of summer.








This morning, over rye toast & chai tea, I made a list.


{ Summer Projects }


Revise story to submit


Take lots of pictures


Research Catharine Maria Sedgwick


Visit upstate as much as possible


Research Ellis Island


Write Ellis Island story


Watch The West Wing


Write 50 pages of novel


Go to Monticello with Deedi


Swim in the river


Read ten books


Eat frozen yogurt with Amy


Write letters to Sarah & Katja


Go to the beach with Cara


Review another book


Obviously, it's pretty writing-heavy, but it feels so wonderful to have the time to do these things that I think about virtually nonstop during the semester, but without any time or space do to them.


And don't even get me STARTED on having my own apartment ("A room of one's own!" as my sister said) to do all this happy work in. Ah!


Here's to summer, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment