The past two weeks have been eventful, to say the least. End-of-semester lunacy, mostly, but also some big changes on the home front.
On Wednesday I signed the lease for my first solo apartment. That sentence should actually end with [!!!]. A lot of worrying went into the decision-making (mostly worries about $), but it seemed like the world was pointing the way for me, encouraging me to take the plunge.
Exhibit A): I came across this old post by my friend Leanna, & then there was this post on A Cup of Jo. I also found this blog that I'm really enjoying, which technically isn't about living alone, but it is about a teeny apartment, which I will soon be able to relate to.
Even weirder were some other opportunities that appeared out of thin air. Exhibit B): The same exact day that I decided I would forego buying a bike this summer (in order to put that money towards my apt.), my friend Sarah called & asked if I would like to borrow her bike for the summer while she goes home to South Dakota. Yes!
And then just when I had made the choice to focus on writing my thesis & not take on a second job for the summer (against the urging of my inner ant, who was totally like, Save money, grasshopper!), my professor emailed with two random questions: will you be here in July? And would you like to housesit for me? Yes & yes!
Things are falling into place, my buddies. I hope the same is true for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment