I don't typically believe in waiting a year to "resolve." It should be a daily thing, I'll say, to communicate on a deeper level with the people I love (not just in my music...). And to not eat french fries everyday!
- Jay-Z
This year I resolve to keep a diary & write in it every single day. I do realize that this seems a little self-indulgent (as I type away on my blog), but I would really love to be able to hold something in my hands next December and think, So this is what I did for a whole year! Half the time I can't remember what I did last week. The diary will be my way to stamp each day APPROVED & (hopefully) not let them slip by in routine.
I used to keep a pretty regular diary in middle school and high school, accounting all the monumental occasions: the eight grade dance, Andrew F. giving me a piece of Big Red gum in math class (the wrapper is carefully preserved between the diary pages) & other golden nuggets of embarrassment. I found a few of them over the summer when I was repacking old boxes for the move to Massachusetts. It was simultaneously hilarious & mortifying to read them, but I read every purple ballpoint-penned word.
It's been snowing since before I woke up this morning, & my whole neighborhood looks sugary & soft. Stay cozy, dear reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment