January 16, 2011

sundays are my best days

My roommate went to NYC for the weekend & it's the first time I've been alone in the apartment for more than a day. Yesterday it didn't feel like much, being that I babysat from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., but this morning when I got up it felt utterly luxurious to have the whole place to myself. The cat flopped onto my feet & purred for about ten minutes. Generally she pisses me off in the mornings, but today she was very sweet.

The Jets have their playoff game this afternoon, so my nerves are a little jangly. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by Patriots fans/bumper stickers/sweatshirts on moms at the swim meet yesterday/local news broadcasters who won't shut up about the rivalry. It kind of gives you this sense of doom, I guess, being the only fan you know of in the tri-county area.

But the day will be good. I'm going to clean the bathroom & take a hot shower & work a little bit on a story I have been mulling over all week. The sun is out & the icicles are dripping. Have a happy Sunday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment