January 18, 2011

"they all lived in a kind of hieroglyphic world"

I watched The Age of Innocence last night for the first time in years. Boy had I forgotten how beautiful it is. Every still is like a painting. And that scene when the Enya song plays & the crowds of men in bowler hats walk against the wind? Magic.










I absolutely do not wish I could've lived back then--I can barely raise my hand in class, much less navigate the treacherous waters of society. But still, it's lovely to watch. And seeing New York City looking so young and in its "wilderness" stage somehow makes love it even more.

Yesterday was supposed to be my first day of class, but everything was canceled thanks to a rather ugly ice storm that only just ended a few hours ago. It's warming up to a tropical 40 degrees today. I may pull out my trusty cutoffs.

Drive safe out there, team. Look out for those anti-lock brakes.

Photos 1, 2, 3, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment