February 26, 2011

coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

Happy Saturday, guys.

I was up in the middle of the night thanks to a nightmare about terrorists in league with vampire bats (I've been watching too much Egypt/Libya coverage & too many episodes of No Reservations), so I slept until 9 o'clock (which is like noon to me)! It feels like a real Saturday.

Here is my dream weekend afternoon:


The girl is reading Jane Eyre. I know because I have that exact copy & it's almost too beautiful to read.

I'm in the midst of a very good 48 hours. Thursday night Aimee Bender read at school. She was delightful & cool as a cucumber. Last night I stayed in & watched The Station Agent, which was hilarious & sad in all the right ways. The writer/director, Tom McCarthy, grew up in my hometown, so I was curious. His new movie, Win Win, is actually set in my high school. They built identical sets of the main office & our gym, home of the feared PIONEERS (The sun always shines on the green & gold!). Watching the trailer is like tapping into memories I didn't know I had. It looks real good & I'm real excited.

I drank too much coffee & now I'm ADDish. Lunchtime! Later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment