March 26, 2011

my role models

[Fair warning: this post is rather crotchety.]

I have a confession to make. After a long afternoon of book club--eating cupcakes, drinking tea, talking about books & writing & classes for next semester & stuff--I don't really want to see another person until tomorrow at the very earliest. Is that bad, do you think? Am I growing too unabomber-ish in my old age?

Here's the thing: it's exhausting to be nice. I sometimes wish I could care less about what people thought of me & just mosey through my day as best I can, only hanging out with my chosen buddies, burping, & sometimes farting, & pretending to listen to my roommate yammer on & on while actually paying attention to the TV. I think that's why I have particularly large portions of my heart dedicated to the following fictional characters (who I wish were real so they could be my best friend(s), but that would be counterproductive, right?).

1) DARIA

I've appreciated her particular brand of apathy since sixth grade.


2) KAT STRATFORD

Doesn't take any crap & yet still manages to be attractive enough to get a superhot Australian boy friend. Your hero & mine since 1999.


3) MARGOT TENENBAUM

Style in spades. The eyeliner speaks volumes.



4) APRIL LUDGATE

Probably one of the main reasons I watch Parks & Recreation in the first place. I wish I could've been as ill-humored & blunt in my old office. Sometimes I daydream about saying her lines to my old boss & smile contentedly.


So now you know. Some days, under my freckled, soft-spoken demeanor there's a deadpan weirdo dying to get out.

Photos 1, 2, 3, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment