March 21, 2011

spring break monday

Well, I'm back from spring break just in time for it to snow all the livelong day. Massachusetts, you wear me out.

On the brighter side, Chock Full o'Nuts coffee was on sale at the grocery store & I bought a whole can for myself. It may take me the next seven months to finish it, but I love CFo'N coffee & all its Old New York connotations. Can't you imagine Peggy drinking it before the 10 o'clock meeting with Playtex?

Back in the good old days when I had a job, I remember there was a CFo'N coffeeshop in an itty-bitty storefront down 23rd Street, around Park Avenue somewhere. It wasn't terribly convenient for a quick coffee run, but if it was a nice day out I'd walk the extra few blocks. It really is that good.

Disclaimer: I am not being paid by the CFo'N people, nor do I really know anything about coffee, so take this all with a grain of salt. All I know is that I've had two cups & I feel like I could run a marathon. Eeee!

In other news, on Saturday I made a quick jaunt through the city to see one pal for coffee (from here) & another pal for lunch. It's a good thing I didn't fill up on scones & pastries because the burger at the Spotted Pig truly is all it's cracked up to be. The Best Burger I Have Ever Eaten. And I ate every last bite, all 10 or so oz. of it, with juice running down my wrists & a heaping pile of the most immaculate shoestring fries growing cold because I just could not put down that burger. It really is that good.

Have good Mondays, duckies.

No comments:

Post a Comment