March 6, 2011

spring break hurry up

I just turned the page in my weekly planner & the only thing "to do" this week is renew my library books on Tuesday.

Spring break starts Friday at 4 p.m. & I am already ready already. Yeah.

Last night some surprisingly competitive people came over & we ate red velvet cupcakes & played 90s edition Trivial Pursuit. The high point was shouting out "DAWSON'S CREEK!" before my friend could even finish reading the question. The low point was hearing a question about a Columbian drug lord who met his end at a barrio in Medellín & sitting there going, Oh my god, Medellín! Vince & E just bought the script at the end of the third season of Entourage, which I've been working my way through over the past month & now all that deadbeat time has come to the payback point & all I can think is Juan Valdez, which I know is wrong 'cause he's the coffee guy!

I sat there beating myself up for several more minutes & then we surrendered & the answer was PABLO ESCOBAR (I will never in my entire life forget this again) & the enemy team won.

Enjoy the spring rain, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment