March 4, 2011

(fake) house porn




My babysitting job for this afternoon/evening got canceled at the last minute, so now I'm ho-humming around my house. I started a new story, which feels good, but it also makes me feel extra sleepy & distracted from real human life. I worry about this. What if I spend a significant part of my adult life writing (good) & consequently acting weird & getting irritated with unsuspecting people for invading my headspace (bad)?

The conclusion I often reach is that I should just live here (& above):






Yes, it's the house from The Holiday, & no, it does not actually technically exist, but it's still nice to think about.

On a side note, because I like piecing these sorts of things together, the set designer for The Holiday was Nancy Meyers, the same woman behind so many other movie houses I love: Father of the Bride I & II, The Parent Trap (with Lindsay Lohan--don't judge), Something's Gotta Give, & It's Complicated. It's nice when the world suddenly makes sense a little bit.

Have a good TGIF, everybody.

Photo sources 1 & 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment