April 27, 2011

gold star wednesday

The sky really, really needs to rain, but it won't.

Today I spent 3.5 hours walking. First, while babysitting, O. & I went for a lovely stroll along the county bike path. We passed some really old houses with second-floor balconies and clotheslines strung across their porches.

Then, I went to Dunkin' Donuts & treated myself to the first iced coffee of the season. Heaven.

Then, I got home & my roommate was headed out to go walking with our friend Sarah & her marvelous dog, Ginger. Did I want to go? Sure! So we all tromped across the Smith College playing fields & into the woods & around an old abandoned mental hospital campus that is creepy in the way only abandoned buildings can be creepy.

My legs are slightly achey & the breeze is making my lace curtains puff out like a sail & I could just sit here for days.

See you later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment