September 22, 2011

fall will always, always make me think of cross country


Tomorrow is the official first day of fall, but I can already see evidence of it sneaking into Massachusetts. Some of the maples have tinges of orange around the edges, & I've seen a few old trees that have one branch solidly yellow or red, while the rest of the tree is a ripe August green. Makes me grateful that the hurricane didn't uproot too many old timers. Those early-bird branches are a nice preview for the color to come.

Another great thing about fall? TV shows are back! I don't have to watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians simply because there isn't anything else on! (I will now watch it because I actually want to!) Tonight is the season premier of Parks & Recreation & you knooooow I am chomping at the bit. I have been ever since Sunday--the Best Actress in a Comedy gag at the Emmys was hysterical perfection, & if Amy Poehler couldn't win, I'm glad it went to Melissa McCarthy. Way to go, Sookie St. James!

Happy TV watching, all.

Photo: mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment