June 20, 2011

magic paris


The other night I saw Midnight in Paris on a whim. I didn't know what it was about, all I knew was that it was a Woody Allen movie, & it got great reviews. Also, the movie poster is pretty lovely, if you ask me.

So I sat in the back-back row of the little town theater amongst a sea of gray-haired couples. (All throughout the movie there were loud whispers: "What?" & then the other person patiently repeating what was just said on screen.)

Don't watch the trailer. It doesn't do the movie justice. Midnight in Paris is 100% a love letter to the city. It's that feeling of walking around Paris, happening upon a narrow street with no cars or people passing by & thinking, Oh god, this is exactly what Paris must've looked like 150 years ago! And Woody made that feeling into a movie. And it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment